The more the words, the less the meaning

Monday, January 23, 2006

tomorrow

Lately I’ve found myself wondering –worrying even– what the coming semester holds. I’m starving for fellowship and community. Perhaps it’s just the innate fear of change that all humans are plagued with on one level or another but I can’t help but wonder if the next semester/season of my life will be as fulfilling as the last? They say “you don’t know what you have ‘til it’s gone,” but at the same time we don’t know what we’re missing until we experience something better. I have nothing but fond memories of the last season of my life (16 months or so) and my physical intellect is saying, “Don’t let that go! Hold on to it for dear life!” but my spirit is saying, “Are you going to trust Him on this one??” We can’t reach for something better if we are clinging to something else.

“God, help me to not worry about tomorrow. Give me grace enough for today.”

“Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.” -Proverbs 27:1

“Tomorrow will be like today, or even far better.” -Isaiah 56:12 (taken out of context)

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” -Matthew 6:34

“You do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” -James 4:14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home