The more the words, the less the meaning

Thursday, February 02, 2006

i dare you

"Most people would rather be certain they're miserable than risk being happy."
-Robert Anthony

Why are we so afraid of taking risks? I think this gets at men more so than women due to our intrinsic fear of failure. Do we honestly believe that what we have is better than what we could have? Are we going to settle for a life of mediocrity because it's simply convenient and easy? Maybe I'm reading a different Bible, but nowhere does it say to look for the easy way. Nowhere does God say, "Do what's easiest, without shaking things up too much." God never says, "Consider what you might lose," He only talks about what we have to gain. This has never occurred to me before now, but I think we are actually sinning by omission when we don't take certain risks...

3 Comments:

  • Thank you for the wonderful reminder. Many times I find myself slipping into a large hole of apathy and mediocrity, only to be pulled out by people like you. Thanks for being a clarion call to all of us.

    By Blogger Ginger, at 2:13 AM  

  • Um... you're welcome. Thank YOU for the encouragement!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:34 PM  

  • I can think of more women who feal failure than I can of men, actually... perhaps a little gender-centric thinking, on both our parts?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home